I believe it is important for the community as a whole to have a
transparent discussion around the issues of privacy and undisclosed
paid promotional editing. The topic is not a single issue of enforcement
but about what rules we wish to put in place and where we wish to draw the
line between the various policies. I disagree with having one or two dozen
editors decide things behind closed doors.

Legal at the WMF has stated "It is not a violation of the Wikimedia privacy
policy for editors to post links to public information about other
editors... Posting links to public information on other sites is a question
of balancing this underlying principle, not a direct violation of the
privacy policy. It's up to community consensus here to decide when the
harassment policy should allow editors to reasonably link to public
information on other sites."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Harassment#Note_from_Wikimedia_Foundation_Legal

James