"it is not so much
the words that are used but it is understanding what points are made and
how they challenge the status quo."

--> This may be true, and what we should strive for as a movement. But you
still need words to make those points, and while one may fail to understand
what points are being made, even if all the words are understood properly,
the opposite makes the difference. If you _don't_ understand the words in
the first place, i. e. attribute a different meaning than the
speaker/author had intended, you _cannot_ be in a position to understand
the points.
So, thanks Nick, for sharing! I like your post very much.
Michael