Hoi,
It resonates powerfully. I had a grant for a very specific deliverable. The
money was earmarked for this and in stead of payment of delivery, I had to
jump through all kinds of hoops.

It may be that all the effort to give money to do things is well
intentioned however, have we ever looked in the effectiveness, did we ever
consider the cost of the effort of the financial reporting. What we pay for
is executing a project and we require a financial report. It is
demotivating.
Thanks,
      GerardM