On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 11:18 PM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I feel that it's important that Board members be able to ask employees at
> any level of the company how things are going. That is different from
> providing direction, which can remain in the management structure

adding shortly to what Christophe and Katherine have already stated - I
totally agree that it is important for the Board members to be able to talk
to the WMF staff. In the same time, I think it is important to avoid
disruption, sending mixed signals, and so on. Thus, I think we need to work
on creating channels to communicate, and one of the efforts proposed by the
Board Governance Committee is creating such channels. In fact, the WMF
leadership have thought along the same lines and are already implementing
the "Collective Voice" initiative.

best,

dariusz