Thanks for the input, folks.

So, it looks as though there's a preference for keeping it off-list, at
least until a moderation decision is made, and possibly thereafter too.  I
shall proceed in that way.

For the record, following Dariusz's remark, I will point out that that is
*not* how we do it on-wiki; on-wiki, all negotiations of users' behavior is
done publicly and on the record (albeit with usernames rather than the real
names most of us use here).

Cheers,

   A.

    Asaf Bartov