On Wednesday, July 27, 2016, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are times when highly threaded discussions on wiki are easier to
> follow than large quantities of entangled mailing list posts, but that is
> an exception, and in any case I follow the philosophy of trying to meet
> people where they are whenever reasonably feasible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pine

That's all well and good, but the significant difference is that email
lists are a "push" form of communication. Everyone subscribed receives
everything that is send, whether or not they're interested in that specific
email. For people who feel the need to comment frequently and at length on
every topic, then putting their comments on wiki is not only better for
collating their points into a coherent whole, but better for the other list
subscribers who don't have to wade through comments that didn't need to be
sent to everyone.

--
wittylama.com
Peace, love & metadata