If it is the case that normal C-level churn was significantly accelerated
by the choice of ED (which makes sense to me; I had previously heard this
explicitly only with regard to one former C) then this is another reason
that I hope that there will be some reflection by the Board about what went
wrong, particularly concerning how the Board was so slow to acknowledge the
problem and take action on it.

Could the Board say whether the scope of its planned governance review
includes a review of what happened on the Board with regard to its
supervision of the previous ED? I am aware that C-level exit interviews are
now being done. A review of the facts of the Board's actions regarding the
previous ED would be instructive, including an external review of the facts
surrounding James' departure from the Board which seemed to have been
related to staff concerns about the previous ED and how the Board was
handling those concerns.

Pine