From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Caitlin Cogdill
Sent: Wednesday, 17 August 2016 7:33 PM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] FW: My final email

Hi Peter,

I can appreciate that the text on the page seems vague in terms of defining to
what list the opt-out will apply. We're going to edit the header on the page to
specifically say "Fundraising email". I hope that helps clarify for other
donors on multiple Wikimedia lists.

Thanks,
Caitlin

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 7:03 AM, Marc-Andre <m...@uberbox.org> wrote:

> On 2016-08-17 06:13 AM, Peter Southwood wrote:
>
> Problem? Vague and unspecific information and suggestion of possible
>> unspecified consequences. Unfortunately this is the kind of language
>> I have come to expect from Jimmy, and why I don't take anything he
>> writes at face value.
>>

> The problem of that page's wording being rather vague and unclear
> about what, exactly, you'd unsubscribe from is a genuine issue that needs
> fixin'
> (that is, while what the intent is would be clear to technically savvy
> people as illustrated by the responses on this very thread, it clearly
> needs to be wordsmithed into making more sense).
>
> That said, I'm pretty sure absolutely nobody sane believes Jimmy
> personally sits down and writes bits of web interface used by
> fundraising, so the dig at his expense is not only gratuitous, but
> detracts from any point you were trying to make.
>
> -- Coren / Marc

Caitlin Cogdill
Senior Fundraising Email Manager
Wikimedia Foundation

Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum
of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!

*https://donate.wikimedia.org <https://donate.wikimedia.org/>*