Hi Craig, John,

hosted by our email service provider. We hope to migrate back to using page
hosted in-house (see T99821 <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T99821>),
however we've found for the time being that using our ESP's page has been
the safest way to manage unsubscribes, especially when sending to large
groups of people.

The link Peter provided populated his email address because it was tied to
his record in our email database. As he pointed out, we send a few emails a
year to each past donor, usually across a 1 month period, to prompt
renewing their donation. If they fill out that unsubscribe page, they won't
receive emails from the Fundraising team again unless they request to be
opted back in.

I hope that answers your questions.

Best,
Caitlin

On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 6:05 AM, Craig Franklin <cfrank...@halonetwork.net>
wrote:

> Hi Caitlin,
>
> I know you've already answered Peter's original question, but are you able
> to answer John's question as well?
>
> Cheers,
> Craig Franklin
>
> On 17 August 2016 at 19:31, John Mark Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What is https://www.pages04.net/ ?
>>
>> WMF has given them a copy of (a subset of..?) the donor email list, as
>> this link has Peter's email address on the page:

>> ?spMailingID=52077018&spUserID=Mzk5NjI0Mzk2ODUS1&spJobID=OTgyOTg3MDUyS0&
>> spReportId=OTgyOTg3MDUyS0
>>
>> If you dont want to try that link, the following will give you a
>> general idea of the form donors are being directed to:

>> --
>> John Vandenberg

Caitlin Cogdill
Senior Fundraising Email Manager
Wikimedia Foundation

the sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!

*https://donate.wikimedia.org <https://donate.wikimedia.org/>*