Gnangarra,

I agree with you about the vision. I think that where we see things
differently may be in the discussion of how we achieve the vision.
Individuals have a lot of freedom in the Wikimedia community, but
organizations exist in a complicated world with real money, real laws, real
people, and a variety of circumstances that can help or hinder progress. We
want to share the sum of human knowledge, and to do that effectively
requires a coordinated effort. Wikimedia is an incredibly complicated
collection of entities, of which affiliates are a part.

I am very mindful that real resources (time and money) are involved in
Wikimedia, and I would like those resources to be used wisely,
transparently, and fairly in service of the mission.

I need to depart thread so that I can focus on other projects, but I plan
to return here in a week or two.

Pine