On 2016-10-10 6:41 PM, Marc A. Pelletier wrote:
That said, "neutrality" has always been philosophically iffy for an encyclopedia pretty much by definition: reality takes sides.

To clarify what I mean in relation to that fork - "objectivity" (their second canon) is arguably a much better ideal to aspire to than our "neutrality". Things either are, or are not. It's our human failings that make the ideal impossible and an attempt at neutrality the next best thing.

So what we did is keep the dross alongside reality, and hope that references and a neutral POV would suffice to set them apart for the reader.

-- Coren / Marc