Wikitrivia?
Cheers,

-----Original Message-----
From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Anders Wennersten
Sent: Tuesday, 11 October 2016 12:16 PM
To: wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] A new Wikipedia fork: InfoGalactic

I think this initiative point to a weakness in our approach, that is worth
discussing, independent if just this will be anything or not.

In our version we have somewhat lower quality demand then enwp, and we can also
be more pragmatic and handle cases individually, but still one of our most
recurrent discussion is on how we handle articles that is too
weak/bad/irrelevant to be allowed into our articlespace but still not are
rubbish. We have looked into 1)enwp alteranative with a draft space, 2) to have
special signals to engage editor willing to work on these, 3) to give it back
to the user who put it into Wikipedia with text explaining what is the problem,
4) different type of templates, 5)and have special pages where these can be
discussed.

Some of these (and pragmatism and good mentors) help a little bit, but does not
solve the basic issue, that users create articles (not being
rubbish) that is not allowed into our article space, which makes them very
disappointed (angry)

Anders