Hi everyone,

The WMF Community Tech team is starting to wrap up our work on this year's
Community Wishlist projects, as we prepare for the new Community Wishlist
Survey starting in November.

We've got a new Status report to share, with an update on the work that's
been done this year on the Community Wishlist:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Status_report_3

Here's a quick overview for the top 10 --

COMPLETED WORK on 5 wishes:

* Wish #1: Migrate dead external links to archives, with volunteer dev
Cyberpower678 -- currently on English Wikipedia, other languages coming

* Wish #2: Improved diff comparisons, by WMF developer MaxSem, live on all
wikis

* Wish #5: Numerical sorting in categories, currently on English, Swedish
and Macedonian Wikipedias, more languages coming soon

* Wish #7: Pageview stats tool, live on all wikis

* Wish #9: Improve the plagiarism detection bot, with volunteer dev Eran --
currently on  English Wikipedia, other languages coming

CURRENTLY WORKING on 1 wish:

* Wish #4: Cross-wiki watchlist, currently in progress

OTHER TEAMS ARE WORKING on 2 wishes:

* Wish #3: Central repository for gadgets, templates and Lua modules,
foundational work is underway by Legoktm

* Wish #6: Allow categories in Commons in all languages, related work is
underway by the Wikidata team

DECLINED 2 wishes:

* Wish #8: Global cross-wiki talk page

* Wish #10: Add a user watchlist

There's lots of information on the top 10, plus the work being done by
WMDE's Technical Wishes team and the Technical Collaboration team, on the
Status report page:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Status_report_3

And we hope that everyone will come and participate in the 2nd annual
Community Wishlist Survey, starting November 7th!

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2016_Community_Wishlist_Survey

See you soon,

-- Danny

DannyH (WMF)