I do care that everybody can come to places where they are safe. All the
specific LGBT attention to safety is however on many levels problematic
when we prioritise this over other safety aspects. The big picture for me
is that we need to go to places where bringing Wikipedia and what it stands
for the most good. It is why I would go to Russia, to China to India to
South Africa.

They all have their issues but remember what our aim is not for the perfect
holiday destination. We aim to bring the sum of all knowledge everywhere.
The thing with safety is that it is very much in behaviour. I am not at
ease when I travel. When I go to places like the USA, I am amazed and feel
harassed by all the visible guns. It feels like I am in a police series...
I know it has nothing to do with me but I feel as safe there as I did in
Alexandria, Mumbai, Buenos Aires because I am there for one thing only.

By excluding destinations, we restrict our ability to reach out to places
where our message needs to be heard. That is why I am filled with mixed
feelings about all the attention of safety in "other places". The USA is
another place to me where I feel not safe, where LGBT rights are not
guaranteed either.

It is possible to be safe particularly when I concentrate why I am there in
the first place.