Dear all,

I have prepared a status report on Board transparency and published it on
Meta:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Board_Governance_Committee/Board_transparency/Status_report_October_2016

Please feel free to share your thoughts/comments/suggestions on the talk
page. I do not pretend to be able to affect/influence the whole situation.
Thus I started by publishing the summary of how the things are at this
moment from my point of view, including current thoughts for possible
changes and next steps.

I have tried to keep to the structure of the page on the BGC task on Board
transparency:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Board_Governance_Committee/Board_transparency

I intend to be as transparent as possible while talking about transparency.
And I would expect the same from you. But please be respectful to others
and assume good faith. We are not pointing at some “bad” people; we are
trying to improve how the system works, so that fewer things depend on who
is (or is not) a member of the Board of Trustees, who is the secretary of
the Board, etc.

I am really thankful that the Wikimedia movement has introduced me to lots
and lots of fantastic people. I just want us to work better together.

And here is the link again:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Board_Governance_Committee/Board_transparency/Status_report_October_2016

Best regards,
antanana / Nataliia Tymkiv

*NOTICE: You may have received this message outside of your normal working
hours/days, as I usually can work more as a volunteer during weekend. You
should not feel obligated to answer it during your days off. Thank you in
advance!*