James Salsman wrote:

> If this does not imply that the logs are copied from Foundation
> servers, that is certainly advantageous over the apparent meaning
> of the language used.

Reading the links you provided, and Robert West's acknowledgements which
you did not link to, the above strikes me as being creation of drama as
opposed to asking a question assuming good faith. Since Robert West had
a Wikimedia Fellowship 1), I assume that he was able to analyze data from
Wikipedia directly and that no transfer data outside of the WMF has taken
place. I'm sure Leila Zia is able to clarify.

Regards,
Thyge - Sir48

1) https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Research