A fully enumerated list of "cons" would be an important place to start.
 Wikimedians and WMF have long promoted the existence of stuff ike the
"Congress edits" twitter account, which reports account-less edits from
capitol hill. We often block high school IP addresses at certain times in
the school year when lots of vandalism comes. Are these necessary? We would
need to take a broad and careful look to form a coherent opinion about
whether we can do without them. There would be substantial impacts on the
production processes of the wikis.

-Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]