It is worth noting in this context that although in-person board
meetings take place at fixed times, the board is in constant
communication between meetings, and it is possible and welcomed to bring
forward issues to board members at any time, and the kinds of issues
that the board grapples with are seldom short-term one-off decisions,
but require thought and reflection over a long period of time.