Well said.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Isarra Yos
Sent: Thursday, 17 November 2016 2:16 AM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Invitation to review: Design Statement of Purpose

Okay, so you want to clarify... something, and build trust. What needs
clarifying? What has been unclear? For whom, and building trust with whom? Are
these even the right questions?

A problem here, from what you're saying, seems to be that things with Design
have been historically overly complicated/confused, and there hasn't been good
communication with other teams, with the community, even within Design itself.
Though a step in the right direction, this seems to me like a continuation of
that pattern, frankly. The more big words you use, the more passive voice, the
more overarching 'themes' and less direct problem statements, the more you
distance yourselves from what you're doing and who you're working with, and I
would if anything strongly recommend the opposite. Keep it simple.

Your general purpose should be to make things... better. But what that means
depends on what your problems are, so your problems are what you need to do
work to sort out. That way you can address the problems, and move forward.

So what are the problems? How will you address them? And in order to define
these problems, for that matter, what's your scope?

-I