There is an ongoing discussion about this subject in Wikipedia Weekly on
Facebook, and it appears that the matter is not yet closed.

Stephen, could you clarify who "we" is in your last paragraph? I am not
sure that WMF Legal is the entity that should be determining what is "in
the best interest of the Wikimedia movement or Foundation". While WMF Legal
certainly should make recommendations, the final decision about what is
best for WMF should rest with the WMF Board (which I have been pressing for
more transparency in financial matters for quite some time; I believe that
it would be in WMF's best interest to set a good example by being much more
transparent about financial matters in general).

Also, I question whether the decision about what is "in the best interest
of the movement" is WMF's decision to make.

Pine