Hi Seddon,

I can understand a few anomalies where people give when they don't have
funds to cover it, and for a difference between estimated exchange rates
and the actual exchange rate that applied when the transaction was
processed (currencies float and are quite capable of moving between the
moment you are aware of a donation and the moment it is converted into one
of the currencies you bank in).  But I'd expect such anomalies to be a tiny
fraction of a percent. OK one of these days we will have a record breaking
donation day in a currency that then devalues by half before we convert
that money into dollars, but I don't recall any spectacular devaluations in
the last two weeks.

Is it worth checking to see why these numbers in the frdata dump are only a
rough guide?

If its something as innocent as our estimates still working on say 2012
currency conversions and the actual currency conversions are based on the
day rate, then meh. But if one set of figures is gross before credit card
and other transaction costs and the other figures are net, or one set
assumed a UK Gift Aid sign up as high as Wikimedia UK could have got and
the reality was much lower, then  I'd be alarmed at such a difference.

Jonathan