While this is not a documentary per se, this video is a “reel” of the best
videos of the Wikimedia movement strung together that in the US, we’ve
played before edit-a-thons and events. It’s about 25 minutes in total, and
there’s a countdown timer in the upper left hand corner that helps give
folks a sense of when an event starts.

We’ve found this helps provide some energy to the room and is useful for
people new to the movement to see human faces behind projects all around
the world. It was used at Wikiconference North America, the United Nations,
and Wikimedia DC edit-a-thons. You’re welcome to use it and to give us
ideas on how to improve it.

https://vimeo.com/191543645

Videos used:

Edit 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm1LKcHD1VE

Mexico edit-a-thon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94KtOE39Hyw

#BlackLifeMatters Wikipedia Edit-a-thon in Harlem, New York City
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbSaPf-9B6Q

Summer Wikicamp 2015 - Armenia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12g9645x6gA

What is Wikipedia Zero? - Jimmy narration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaZf6h0Pus8

Wikimania 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SufXYsbMI8E

Wikipedia Edit-a-thon at the Innovation Hub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVIGfA0WqI8

The 2016 Wikimedia Hackathon in Jerusalem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFR2_4GEnoQ

-Andrew