On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:45 PM, Christophe Henner
<chen...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> First, the resolution and its context. "Supervising" the ED is indeed a
> board duty, but this supervision must not become micro-management. That
> resolution provides staff the liberty to do their work more efficiently. It
> doesn't remove our duty of oversight.

The board has implemented a fairly small number of policies over the
years (and an even smaller number that are actually applicable to the
projects).  As a general rule, our projects are governed by their
communities.  I think people are going to be a little worried about
anything that looks like it might facilitate centralized
policy-making.