Hi Chris,

I'd argue instead that we should strive to a consultation model or
structure so that it doesn't cost so much time and energy, that we limit it
to huge and obvious issues.

This is a very broadly phrased resolution, that I cannot out of hand
oversee the consequences of. The core of the resolution is: "Resolved, the
Board hereby delegates the authority to adopt, alter, and revoke policies
to the Executive Director, who may further delegate such authority to
Wikimedia Foundation staff as they deem appropriate;". The balancing
statement only speaks of policies for the Wikimedia Foundation. A possible
reading of this would be that the board now delegated basically all
authority (which is mostly symbolic, I guess) over community and
affiliation issues to the ED. It is unclear if this, for example, includes
affiliation approval.

Best,
Lodewijk