Interestingly Australia is looking at going towards developing a safe
harbour process within its copyright laws, expand the access of fair use,
make orphan works more accessible along with making it possible for
collection agencies(GLAMs) to use copyrighted works

http://www.pc.gov.au/inquiries/completed/intellectual-property/report/intellectual-property-overview.pdf

yes there is opposing positions on this
http://copyright.com.au/about-copyright/fair-use/

GN.