Hello!

As part of our ongoing improvements to the new grants structure, the
Conference Grants program will be accepting proposals three times a year.

We hope that moving to rounds will ensure a more efficient and predictable
process for grant applicants, WMF staff, and grant committee members.

We are currently accepting proposals for Round 1 and the submission
deadline is February 26th. Decisions will be announced March 24th and
grants disbursed in April. The deadline for Round 2 is May 28th. You can
see the schedule for all rounds here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Conference

If you plan on holding a conference in the first 6 months of 2017, please
apply in Round 1!

If you are thinking about organizing a conference and need funding from
WMF, please reach out to me as soon as possible to discuss your ideas.

Best,

Kacie