I would be extremely surprised (and disappointed) if the Foundation didn't
have a plan of some sort for what to do if the legislative climate within
the US became unacceptable, as a part of their assessment of their risk
profile and as part of their risk management strategy.  I remember coming
up with a similar scenario many years ago as part of a risk management
session for an organisation with a far narrower scope than the WMF.

Cheers,
Craig