As long as humanity maintains the concept of non-citizen, global suffering will
prevail.

I believe the only way to address backup and privacy concerns is to permanently
dissolve all current systems relying on the infrastructure that corporations
and governments can touch or see and move to something where absolutely no
single entity would be able to control any other entity in any way whatsoever.

However, this goes against some of our fundamental principles and values of
Wikipedia because our communities embrace authoritarian and autocratic
processes which enable censorship and persecution. We control what people say
every time we edit the corpus. Another way to convey my point:  Eliminating
being a corpus eliminates censorship.

Also, as WMF has experienced, there is no way you can talk people out of
powerful positions.  Asking people to stop their behavior, which is enabled by
a power we give them,  will not produce the desired result.

Damon

https://damon.sicore.com
Flicked by head hugging plastic rectangular zero and one signal emitter.