On 31 January 2017 at 07:08, Tomasz Ganicz <polime...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just simple technical question. In the application form there is one tricky
> question:
>
> "Are you legally authorized to work in the United States"
>
> I guess vast majority of potential candidates are not legally authorized to
> work in US as they are citizens of countries which need a special
> work-permit to be legally employed in US.  Does it mean they cannot apply
> for this position or that WMF is able to organize  a work-permit for such
> persons?

The work authorisation question is a standard one included in job postings,
irrespective of work location. I would assume there are no issues with
candidates based outside the United States applying, especially since all
the new positions are advertised as "San Francisco, CA or Remote".

Dan

--
Dan Garry
Lead Product Manager, Discovery