I think that's an interesting thought in general, but what used to be true
still is today. Europe in general, and the UK in particular, has
significantly weaker free speech guarantees than the US does. This
manifests in quite a few ways, from "hate speech" to "right to be
forgotten" to "superinjunctions" to prohibitions against publishing the
name of certain people accused of criminal acts.

Moving to Europe would oblige the WMF to follow these restrictions. How
would that be avoided? If anything, Canada might be a better option in that
regard, but still far from perfect.

Also, I'd dispute that London is inherently more creative and vibrant than
SV. Some of the most brilliant and creative people in the world live and
work in Silicon Valley.

Todd