There is no reason for the servers hosting data to be located in the
same country as the majority of WMF employees. If London is the most
attractive place to work, and Canada is legally the most sensible
place for data to be centralized, then there is nothing forcing the
WMF to have its headquarters in the same country as the servers.

As previously discussed, it makes sense to have the data in more than
one country, and if something like super-injunctions unexpectedly
apply in one country, then the other country or countries should be
chosen to minimise the risk that the same action would apply there.

It would even be possible to legally separate the WMF from its
currently internal data hosting functions. Again these strategic
options would minimize the chance that some billionaire's lawyers
could use injunctions to completely suppress specific knowledge.

Fae