Hey,

On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 5:33 AM, Pete Forsyth <petefors...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Lodewijk <lodew...@effeietsanders.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> What I am curious about, is whether there are also efforts ongoing that
>>> are
>>> focused on influencing community behavior in a more preventive manner.
>>>
>> On 01/27/2017 09:54 AM, Danny Horn wrote:
>
>> Your idea for using aggression/harassment scores in admin applications is
>> really interesting; I hadn't thought of that before. Nothing's actually
>> planned right now, just research and conversations, but it's neat to see
>> people already coming up with interesting suggestions. :)
>>
> I'm delighted to see this issue getting some attention. I believe the core
> of the problem comes from the WMF's identity, from the start, as a
> technology company; so shifting in this direction might be an uphill
> battle, but I feel strongly that it's the right way to go.

Be careful there, we're agreeing! :D

Joke aside, I'm not sure it is an uphill battle, but that is a shift I
believe we, not just WMF but all of us as a community, need to do. From
mere "tool" to a movement. Which means that the tech and the platform are a
way to enable us  to achieve our goals. But our goals aren't technical,
they're societal. We're a people movement not a tech movement :)