Hi Vito,

yes it can. Basically, while there is space for just one chapter per
country, if another group forms and decides to take up the role of
Wikimedia HK, they can apply to be a chapter, since there is no chapter
recognized any more. This happened with Wikimedia UK
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK>, where the first iteration of
the chapter was dissolved, and a second was then recognized as the official
chapter.

Best,

Delphine

On 8 February 2017 at 16:20, Vi to <vituzzu.w...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just a question: can a former chapter reapply for recognition?
>
> Vito

> > As the chapter status of Wikimedia Hong Kong has come to an end, I would
> > like to thank the volunteers at Wikimedia Hong Kong for their incredible
> > work over the past years. It is easy to start discussions about the
> > validity of the decision, or to play a blame game - but lets at least
> agree
> > some pretty cool stuff has been done over the past years.
> >
> > Most of us will remember the Wikimania conference that was organized in
> > Hong Kong in 2013 - an amazing conference with an incredible amount of
> > volunteers that were collected from all over society to help welcome
> these
> > Wikipedians. Especially in their earliest years, I believe that Wikimedia
> > HK was active in supporting other Asian chapters to collaborate better
> and
> > grow.
> >
> > Thank you, Wikimedians from Hong Kong, for your service! You have helped
> > the Wikimedia movement in Hong Kong a lot over the past years, and I hope
> > that we will still hear a lot from you in this new phase. The end of the
> > organization will hopefully not mean the end of your impactful work.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Lodewijk

> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > On behalf of WMHK, I would like to say something.
> > >
> > > Some may think it is pity that WMHK has been de-recognized. But the
> board
> > > of WMHK has actually already decided to disband the chapter.
> > >
> > > Although WMHK will cease to exist, I still hope the other chapters will
> > > continue to try their best in the Wikimedia movement.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Rover Wong
> > > the last president of Wikimedia Hong Kong
> > >
> > > 2017年2月8日 下午7:10 於 "James Heilman" <jmh...@gmail.com> 寫道:

> removing

> > kirill.loks...@gmail.com

> > independent
> > > Wikimedia
> > standards
> > has
> > > movement
> > continued
> the

> > and
> on

> members
> > > in
> put

@notafish

lost.
Intercultural musings: Ceci n'est pas une endive -
http://blog.notanendive.org
Photos with simple eyes: notaphoto - http://photo.notafish.org