Does anyone have a link to the recent Foundation Statement about the Daily
Mail? We are receiving inquires at OTRS, and it would be nice if I see see
our official position.


Sphilbrick

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 10:25 AM, <wikimedia-l-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Send Wikimedia-l mailing list submissions to
>         wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         wikimedia-l-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         wikimedia-l-ow...@lists.wikimedia.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Wikimedia-l digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Chapter De-Recognition: Wikimedia Hong Kong (Katie Chan)
>    2. Thank you for your service, Wikimedia Hong Kong (Lodewijk)
>    3. Re: Thank you for your service, Wikimedia Hong Kong (Vi to)
>    4. Re: Chapter De-Recognition: Wikimedia Hong Kong (Chris Keating)
>    5. Re: Thank you for your service, Wikimedia Hong Kong
>       (Manuel Schneider)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 14:54:48 +0000
> From: Katie Chan <k...@ktchan.info>
> To: Wikimedia Mailing List <wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
> Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Chapter De-Recognition: Wikimedia Hong Kong
> Message-ID: <98f26c1a-2937-6869-ddf1-37ab30fcf...@ktchan.info>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
>
> This particular decision has arguably been a long time coming, but I am
> sad that it has indeed happened. My best wishes to all Wikimedians in
> Hong Kong with whatever their plans are for the future.
>
> KTC
>
> On 08/02/2017 02:19, Kirill Lokshin wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate — a chapter, thematic
> > organization, or user group — is a privilege that allows an independent
> > group to officially use the Wikimedia trademarks to further the Wikimedia
> > mission. While most affiliates adhere to the basic compliance standards
> set
> > forth in their agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation, a protocol has
> > been developed to address the exceptional cases when a Wikimedia movement
> > affiliate does not meet basic compliance standards and their continued
> > recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate presents a risk to the
> > Wikimedia movement.
> >
> > On September 9, 2016, Wikimedia Hong Kong was notified of their
> suspension
> > as a Wikimedia affiliate due to long standing non-compliance with
> reporting
> > requirements, and was provided with an explicit list of tasks and
> deadlines
> > in order to return to compliance with their chapter agreement. The
> chapter
> > failed to complete these tasks by the deadline of November 1, 2016, and
> was
> > consequently notified that they would no longer be recognized as a
> > Wikimedia chapter after the termination of their Chapter Agreement on
> > February 1, 2017.
> >
> > If you have questions about what this means for the community members in
> > Wikimedia Hong Kong’s geographic area or language scope, we have put
> > together a very basic FAQ, which may be found at
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_movement_
> affiliate_de-recognition_FAQ
>
>
> --
> Katie Chan
> Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the
> author and do not necessarily represent the view of any organisation the
> author is associated with or employed by.
>
>
> Experience is a good school but the fees are high.
>      - Heinrich Heine
>
> ---
> This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
> https://www.avast.com/antivirus
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 16:13:31 +0100
> From: Lodewijk <lodew...@effeietsanders.org>
> To: Wikimedia Mailing List <wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>, Wong
>         Rover <ro...@wikimedia.hk>
> Subject: [Wikimedia-l] Thank you for your service, Wikimedia Hong Kong
> Message-ID:
>         <CACf6BeuX14eXcKmDh1Y9FCqW4Fyu=cXOF5sBcKxmqvcCoBztyw@mail.
> gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> As the chapter status of Wikimedia Hong Kong has come to an end, I would
> like to thank the volunteers at Wikimedia Hong Kong for their incredible
> work over the past years. It is easy to start discussions about the
> validity of the decision, or to play a blame game - but lets at least agree
> some pretty cool stuff has been done over the past years.
>
> Most of us will remember the Wikimania conference that was organized in
> Hong Kong in 2013 - an amazing conference with an incredible amount of
> volunteers that were collected from all over society to help welcome these
> Wikipedians. Especially in their earliest years, I believe that Wikimedia
> HK was active in supporting other Asian chapters to collaborate better and
> grow.
>
> Thank you, Wikimedians from Hong Kong, for your service! You have helped
> the Wikimedia movement in Hong Kong a lot over the past years, and I hope
> that we will still hear a lot from you in this new phase. The end of the
> organization will hopefully not mean the end of your impactful work.
>
> Best,
>
> Lodewijk
>
> 2017-02-08 12:48 GMT+01:00 Wong Rover <ro...@wikimedia.hk>:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > On behalf of WMHK, I would like to say something.
> >
> > Some may think it is pity that WMHK has been de-recognized. But the board
> > of WMHK has actually already decided to disband the chapter.
> >
> > Although WMHK will cease to exist, I still hope the other chapters will
> > continue to try their best in the Wikimedia movement.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Rover Wong
> > the last president of Wikimedia Hong Kong
> >
> > 2017年2月8日 下午7:10 於 "James Heilman" <jmh...@gmail.com> 寫道:
> >
> > > Thanks Kirill
> > >
> > > In my opinion this is reasonable. We need to have criteria for what
> > > affiliation with the movement means and what it requires from those
> > > affiliated. If the requirements are consistently not met than removing
> > > official affiliation until it is is simply common practice.
> > >
> > > James
> > >
> > > On Wednesday, February 8, 2017, Kirill Lokshin <
> kirill.loks...@gmail.com
> > >
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hi everyone,
> > > >
> > > > Recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate — a chapter, thematic
> > > > organization, or user group — is a privilege that allows an
> independent
> > > > group to officially use the Wikimedia trademarks to further the
> > Wikimedia
> > > > mission. While most affiliates adhere to the basic compliance
> standards
> > > set
> > > > forth in their agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation, a protocol
> has
> > > > been developed to address the exceptional cases when a Wikimedia
> > movement
> > > > affiliate does not meet basic compliance standards and their
> continued
> > > > recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate presents a risk to the
> > > > Wikimedia movement.
> > > >
> > > > On September 9, 2016, Wikimedia Hong Kong was notified of their
> > > suspension
> > > > as a Wikimedia affiliate due to long standing non-compliance with
> > > reporting
> > > > requirements, and was provided with an explicit list of tasks and
> > > deadlines
> > > > in order to return to compliance with their chapter agreement. The
> > > chapter
> > > > failed to complete these tasks by the deadline of November 1, 2016,
> and
> > > was
> > > > consequently notified that they would no longer be recognized as a
> > > > Wikimedia chapter after the termination of their Chapter Agreement on
> > > > February 1, 2017.
> > > >
> > > > If you have questions about what this means for the community members
> > in
> > > > Wikimedia Hong Kong’s geographic area or language scope, we have put
> > > > together a very basic FAQ, which may be found at
> > > > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_movement_
> > > > affiliate_de-recognition_FAQ
> > > > .
> > > >
> > > > Regards,
> > > > Kirill Lokshin
> > > > Vice-Chair, Affiliations Committee
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > > > wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > > > wiki/Wikimedia-l
> > > > New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org <javascript:;>
> > > > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/
> mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> > > > <mailto:wikimedia-l-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org <javascript:;>
> > > > ?subject=unsubscribe>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > James Heilman
> > > MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian
> > >
> > > The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > > wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > > wiki/Wikimedia-l
> > > New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> > > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> > > <mailto:wikimedia-l-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > wiki/Wikimedia-l
> > New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> > <mailto:wikimedia-l-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 16:20:33 +0100
> From: Vi to <vituzzu.w...@gmail.com>
> To: Wikimedia Mailing List <wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
> Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Thank you for your service, Wikimedia Hong
>         Kong
> Message-ID:
>         <CAJvvcufUPhtVOpjRXc9EZ10HJig6fm96goLTXpf3Oz4F8YGJ6A@mail.
> gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> Just a question: can a former chapter reapply for recognition?
>
> Vito
>
> 2017-02-08 16:13 GMT+01:00 Lodewijk <lodew...@effeietsanders.org>:
>
> > As the chapter status of Wikimedia Hong Kong has come to an end, I would
> > like to thank the volunteers at Wikimedia Hong Kong for their incredible
> > work over the past years. It is easy to start discussions about the
> > validity of the decision, or to play a blame game - but lets at least
> agree
> > some pretty cool stuff has been done over the past years.
> >
> > Most of us will remember the Wikimania conference that was organized in
> > Hong Kong in 2013 - an amazing conference with an incredible amount of
> > volunteers that were collected from all over society to help welcome
> these
> > Wikipedians. Especially in their earliest years, I believe that Wikimedia
> > HK was active in supporting other Asian chapters to collaborate better
> and
> > grow.
> >
> > Thank you, Wikimedians from Hong Kong, for your service! You have helped
> > the Wikimedia movement in Hong Kong a lot over the past years, and I hope
> > that we will still hear a lot from you in this new phase. The end of the
> > organization will hopefully not mean the end of your impactful work.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Lodewijk
> >
> > 2017-02-08 12:48 GMT+01:00 Wong Rover <ro...@wikimedia.hk>:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > On behalf of WMHK, I would like to say something.
> > >
> > > Some may think it is pity that WMHK has been de-recognized. But the
> board
> > > of WMHK has actually already decided to disband the chapter.
> > >
> > > Although WMHK will cease to exist, I still hope the other chapters will
> > > continue to try their best in the Wikimedia movement.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Rover Wong
> > > the last president of Wikimedia Hong Kong
> > >
> > > 2017年2月8日 下午7:10 於 "James Heilman" <jmh...@gmail.com> 寫道:
> > >
> > > > Thanks Kirill
> > > >
> > > > In my opinion this is reasonable. We need to have criteria for what
> > > > affiliation with the movement means and what it requires from those
> > > > affiliated. If the requirements are consistently not met than
> removing
> > > > official affiliation until it is is simply common practice.
> > > >
> > > > James
> > > >
> > > > On Wednesday, February 8, 2017, Kirill Lokshin <
> > kirill.loks...@gmail.com
> > > >
> > > > wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Hi everyone,
> > > > >
> > > > > Recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate — a chapter, thematic
> > > > > organization, or user group — is a privilege that allows an
> > independent
> > > > > group to officially use the Wikimedia trademarks to further the
> > > Wikimedia
> > > > > mission. While most affiliates adhere to the basic compliance
> > standards
> > > > set
> > > > > forth in their agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation, a protocol
> > has
> > > > > been developed to address the exceptional cases when a Wikimedia
> > > movement
> > > > > affiliate does not meet basic compliance standards and their
> > continued
> > > > > recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate presents a risk to
> the
> > > > > Wikimedia movement.
> > > > >
> > > > > On September 9, 2016, Wikimedia Hong Kong was notified of their
> > > > suspension
> > > > > as a Wikimedia affiliate due to long standing non-compliance with
> > > > reporting
> > > > > requirements, and was provided with an explicit list of tasks and
> > > > deadlines
> > > > > in order to return to compliance with their chapter agreement. The
> > > > chapter
> > > > > failed to complete these tasks by the deadline of November 1, 2016,
> > and
> > > > was
> > > > > consequently notified that they would no longer be recognized as a
> > > > > Wikimedia chapter after the termination of their Chapter Agreement
> on
> > > > > February 1, 2017.
> > > > >
> > > > > If you have questions about what this means for the community
> members
> > > in
> > > > > Wikimedia Hong Kong’s geographic area or language scope, we have
> put
> > > > > together a very basic FAQ, which may be found at
> > > > > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_movement_
> > > > > affiliate_de-recognition_FAQ
> > > > > .
> > > > >
> > > > > Regards,
> > > > > Kirill Lokshin
> > > > > Vice-Chair, Affiliations Committee
> > > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > > > > wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > > > > wiki/Wikimedia-l
> > > > > New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org <javascript:;>
> > > > > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/
> > mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> > > > > <mailto:wikimedia-l-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org <javascript:;>
> > > > > ?subject=unsubscribe>
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > James Heilman
> > > > MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian
> > > >
> > > > The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > > > wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > > > wiki/Wikimedia-l
> > > > New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> > > > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/
> mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> > > > <mailto:wikimedia-l-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > > wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > > wiki/Wikimedia-l
> > > New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> > > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> > > <mailto:wikimedia-l-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
> > >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > wiki/Wikimedia-l
> > New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> > <mailto:wikimedia-l-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 15:20:41 +0000
> From: Chris Keating <chriskeatingw...@gmail.com>
> To: Wikimedia Mailing List <wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
> Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Chapter De-Recognition: Wikimedia Hong Kong
> Message-ID:
>         <CAFche1rd421q9zj6SrSswCquy2Nw9Yvd4HLziRin-sPoqBDVHw@mail.
> gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> Thanks to everyone who's participated in WMHK and in particular everyone
> involved in Wikimania 2013! Thank you for your efforts and best wishes to
> those aiming to move things forwards again.
>
>
>
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Wong Rover <ro...@wikimedia.hk> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > On behalf of WMHK, I would like to say something.
> >
> > Some may think it is pity that WMHK has been de-recognized. But the board
> > of WMHK has actually already decided to disband the chapter.
> >
> > Although WMHK will cease to exist, I still hope the other chapters will
> > continue to try their best in the Wikimedia movement.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Rover Wong
> > the last president of Wikimedia Hong Kong
> >
> > 2017年2月8日 下午7:10 於 "James Heilman" <jmh...@gmail.com> 寫道:
> >
> > > Thanks Kirill
> > >
> > > In my opinion this is reasonable. We need to have criteria for what
> > > affiliation with the movement means and what it requires from those
> > > affiliated. If the requirements are consistently not met than removing
> > > official affiliation until it is is simply common practice.
> > >
> > > James
> > >
> > > On Wednesday, February 8, 2017, Kirill Lokshin <
> kirill.loks...@gmail.com
> > >
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hi everyone,
> > > >
> > > > Recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate — a chapter, thematic
> > > > organization, or user group — is a privilege that allows an
> independent
> > > > group to officially use the Wikimedia trademarks to further the
> > Wikimedia
> > > > mission. While most affiliates adhere to the basic compliance
> standards
> > > set
> > > > forth in their agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation, a protocol
> has
> > > > been developed to address the exceptional cases when a Wikimedia
> > movement
> > > > affiliate does not meet basic compliance standards and their
> continued
> > > > recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate presents a risk to the
> > > > Wikimedia movement.
> > > >
> > > > On September 9, 2016, Wikimedia Hong Kong was notified of their
> > > suspension
> > > > as a Wikimedia affiliate due to long standing non-compliance with
> > > reporting
> > > > requirements, and was provided with an explicit list of tasks and
> > > deadlines
> > > > in order to return to compliance with their chapter agreement. The
> > > chapter
> > > > failed to complete these tasks by the deadline of November 1, 2016,
> and
> > > was
> > > > consequently notified that they would no longer be recognized as a
> > > > Wikimedia chapter after the termination of their Chapter Agreement on
> > > > February 1, 2017.
> > > >
> > > > If you have questions about what this means for the community members
> > in
> > > > Wikimedia Hong Kong’s geographic area or language scope, we have put
> > > > together a very basic FAQ, which may be found at
> > > > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_movement_
> > > > affiliate_de-recognition_FAQ
> > > > .
> > > >
> > > > Regards,
> > > > Kirill Lokshin
> > > > Vice-Chair, Affiliations Committee
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > > > wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > > > wiki/Wikimedia-l
> > > > New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org <javascript:;>
> > > > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/
> mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> > > > <mailto:wikimedia-l-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org <javascript:;>
> > > > ?subject=unsubscribe>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > James Heilman
> > > MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian
> > >
> > > The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > > wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > > wiki/Wikimedia-l
> > > New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> > > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> > > <mailto:wikimedia-l-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > wiki/Wikimedia-l
> > New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> > <mailto:wikimedia-l-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 16:25:36 +0100
> From: Manuel Schneider <manuel.schnei...@wikimedia.ch>
> To: Wikimedia Mailing List <wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
> Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Thank you for your service, Wikimedia Hong
>         Kong
> Message-ID: <41781e6e-c82d-a029-e91e-6d09796c2...@wikimedia.ch>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>
> Thanks Lodewijk for bringing this up and thanks a lot to Wikimedia Hong
> Kong.
>
> I have been in touch with WMHK and Wikimedians in Hong Kong since their
> application for Wikimania and have been at Wikimania and it was great.
> There has also been some other activities and efforts which we must
> acknowledge and we should appreciate all that has been done towards our
> common goals, even or especially as some things - like running the
> chapter - did not work out. That is not a failure as many other great
> things have happened.
>
> /Manuel
>
> --
> Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> www.wikimedia.ch
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Wikimedia-l
> New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:wikimedia-l-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of Wikimedia-l Digest, Vol 155, Issue 40
> ********************************************
>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: 
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and 
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia-l
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, 
<mailto:wikimedia-l-requ...@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>

Reply via email to