> On 11 Feb 2017, at 19:08, rupert THURNER <rupert.thur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 7:49 PM, Asaf Bartov <abar...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> Hello, everyone.
>>
>> I share the opinion that moderation actions should be transparent. So:
>>
>> I have now placed Gerard Meijssen on moderation.  He has been posting very
>> frequently to the list, far exceeding the requested "soft limit" of 30
>> posts per month, and has exhibited disrespectful discourse.
>>
>> I encourage Gerard to revise his approach to communicating on this list.
>> He will be unmoderated next month.
>
> asaf, you are one of the most respected dinosaurs in this universe,
> and you need to use moderation instead of a private word? i have a
> hard time believing my eyes.

Which species of dinosaur?

This seems like a standard moderator action, based on the long-term notices
that have been sent around to the list over the last few years. I like the
extra on-list transparency here (please keep it up!), and would like to thank
Asaf for taking on this extra duty.

Thanks,
Mike