someone from the affiliates, who is also a native speaker of the person
language and someone with whom there is a level of community trust through
being in elected positions.

ARBCOM or a bureaucrat from the project where the incidents takes place,
someone with a high level of trust in the community and who has already
agreed to WMF privacy requirements

they can be selected by the community and the WMF through any method,

of course some people will appeal but the process gives the community the
input being demanded here while not preventing the WMF from acting.  A WMF
global ban isnt a frivolous decision nor would a review be one.  Yes your
right it could never be a whole of community decision thats why we look to
people who have the communities trust just like we do many other processes,
even local blocks/bans arent whole of community either but rather those who
happen to pass by or specifically haunt such process and then closed by
someone the community has already expressed trust in.