I think methodological objections shouldn't prevail over substantial
objections.
I can agree most of consensus in CoC draft came from WMF
staffers/contractors, but:
*no one was prevented from weighing-in
*lists were filled with invitations to weigh-in
*I think most of us didn't comment just because they agree with the overall
meaning of the draft.
IMHO most of criticism doesn't actually target the draft but rather
increasing influence of WMF in various sectors traditionally
community-driven or unregulated. I'm not commenting nor this influence nor
the objections but I think CoC is just a symbol of another issue.

Vito