Robert Fernandez <wikigamal...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>Personally I'm much more grateful for the people who did not
>>spend their energy on this code of conduct to "accidentally"
>>exercise power over others

> If the organizers of this proposal responded in kind with even a fraction
> of the bad faith accusations that have been leveled at them, the howls of
> outrage would be deafening.

> […]

Eh, they do and that is one of the reasons to oppose the
Code of Conduct.  Its draft implicitly alleges that the
technical spaces currently are a cesspit that is in urgent
need of someone with a rake while protecting actual offend-
ers by granting immunity to "neuroatypical" behaviour.

It also turns the technical spaces from a place that served
to advance Wikimedia's mission into an aimless "community".

Tim