It's an unambiguously political statement. Not political in the sense of
"everything we do is political" - but in the sense of opposing the policies
of a single national government as promulgated by a head of state and
supported by one political party in a deeply polarized and contentious
political environment. I expect that any WMF official responsible for this
report will acknowledge this is true, as there appears to be no way to
honestly claim otherwise. In that case I hope they can provide a well
reasoned and passionate defense of this decision and why the WMF should
continue in this vein.