On 2 March 2017 at 13:30, Peter Southwood <peter.southw...@telkomsa.net> wrote:
> It is not possible to get away from politics while remaining in contact with
> civilisation. Politics follows you around. It is possible to ignore politics
> only until they affect you directly.

Well, yes. Who are these people with lives of such privilege that they
don't have to think about politics?

Literally everything Wikimedia has ever done is heavily political.
Here in 2017, the following are political:

* scientific fact
* acknowledging scientific fact
* spreading knowledge without permission
* the fact of education
* availability of education

That's just going off what's come out of the White House in the last
month, off the top of my head.

There is no such thing as "no politics", there is only "I am not
personally reminded of the discomfort of others".

- d.