We have 61000 editors that made more the 5 edits last month and 8800 making more then 100 edits. Last election to the Board attracted 5500 voters. These figures gives a magnitude of the numbers in the community.

The number of active on this list are around 50-100, and normal participations in meta discussion (except when it was for Visual editor) are at best 100-200.

I truly believe we should not be content to say these 100-200 are the community or spokespersons for the community. And I admire the approach being made by WMF in the strategy project, to actively try to reach out to a broader audience then these 100-200

So I believe her has always been an issue of the dialogue between the community and WMF, both referring to who is the community and the dialogue in itself. But I do see that the approach being taken by WMF now and lately does a lot to resolve this issue and and is worth both praise and support

And I do would like to see less of "We the community" by people on this list

Anders