Hi everyone!

I'm very happy to announce that the Affiliations Committee has recognized
the Wikimaps User Group [1] as a Wikimedia User Group.

The group aims to gather Wikimedia users engaged in a variety of activities
related to geographic information from across the movement, so that people
with different ideas for using geographic components in their projects are
able to come together, share their expertise, and help each other.

Please join me in congratulating the members of this new user group!

Regards,
Kirill Lokshin
Affiliations Committee

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimaps_User_Group