Why are we not using OSM? I know Yuri created tiles within the WMF system
of services and those are what Wikivoyage uses. Wikivoyage was once using
no open maps that were not hosted locally which was a breach of our privacy
policy. Thankfully Yuri created the solution mentioned once the issue was
discussed. Maybe he could help with this aswell?

James

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine