Hi Pine,

it's always easier of course to tell other people what they have to change,
which is why I'm asking the opposite question too :) What can we change, on
our end, to make communications easier for the WMF, for community members
that want to reach out, for chapters and other affiliates. All these are
having a hard time to get useful input from the community.

There seem very few generally accepted approaches to that:
- using some mailing list, or some kind of forum that serves a part of the
community you think would be most relevant (such as this mailing list, the
wikitech mailing list etc).
- Going all out and doing a full scale consultation/RfC with banners and
everything. Gives you lots of comments.
- Doing a broad and translated approach through village pumps etc - gives
you a broad reach over languages, but within those languages still reaches
a specific part of the community.

Those methods are typically either very expensive, or not very effective.
And I'm only talking about getting input here, not even about 'informing'
everyone.

So what can we, as a community, change to facilitate better exchange of
ideas, experiences and provide input?

Best
Lodewijk

PS: I apologize to the people who read this kind of email for the n'th
time, it's not the first time I talk about this, I guess :)