From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Pine W
Sent: Monday, 20 March 2017 8:40 AM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List; Chris Schilling
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Communicating plans and consultations

Attempting to summon Chris Schilling over here from the other thread. (:

I think that some kind of analysis about optimal use of consultations and
surveys would be beneficial, and I'd welcome seeing something like that in the
next Annual Plan. Perhaps there might even be a consultation or survey about
consultations or surveys, which I know sounds ironic but may be helpful in
figuring out how much is too much or too little, timing, locations, etc.

Information management is a big deal. We have watchlists, email, social media
channels, Echo, and lots of other tools, but even so -- or perhaps because --
there are so many channels, it's easy to drown. I imagine that holds true for
both staff and community members, and I'd welcome some initiatives to improve
the situation. Perhaps someone will have some ideas that they can submit to
IdeaLab.

Pine

-----
No virus found in this message.