In practice what we (Wikimedians) see from WMF communications programmes is
widely spread announcements and sometimes an anonymous survey, again widely
spread. This is literally not 'communication', it is 'broadcasting'.

For communication to be meaningful, your message must not only be sent to
the right stakeholders, but it is essential for the communication to be
two-way. This is why I find it especially frustrating to see generic posts
from the WMF sent by bots with no named person being the contact point. At
least with most emails sent to email lists, these are from a named person
and community members can respond to it, often with later replies from a
WMF employee.

Fae

On 20 Mar 2017 09:51, "Peter Southwood" <peter.southw...@telkomsa.net>