> On 21 March 2017 at 14:34, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Technical considerations are imho less relevant. What trumps it is
>> functionality.
>

> Technical considerations are very relevant if one is doing something
> technical, for example developing an iOS app or a maps tile service.

I wholeheartedly disagree. OSS projects often forget that the customer
should come first, mostly because of lack of funding. But since WMF's
software development is a secondary activity (and a very well funded
one IMO), it should not make the same mistake. Spreading free
knowledge must come first, technical considerations second.

Strainu