Eh. We need the link to the movie !

Flo

Le 23/03/2017 à 08:48, Natacha Rault a écrit :
Here what's making me happy this week!
The filmed conference on non sexist language in French that we held at the
francophone wikiconvention in Paris in august 2016 was elected media of the day
on commons last tuesday.
Four of the women we trained last year in a gender gap contribution workshop in
Lausanne asked us to do another in Sion (Canton of Valais in Switzerland) and
we have 19 participants! Some of them registered in the WikiMooc, the french
free massive online open course to learn how to edit Wikipedia.
So I have a sense that we are really building a community here and this makes
me feel that all the time invested was worth and it was not only something
evolving around national issues but truly about something global going over
national identities and bridging cultural and ideological gaps as well.

Nattes à chat

Le 22 mars 2017 à 21:56, Amir E. Aharoni <amir.ahar...@mail.huji.ac.il> a écrit
:

Here's what making me happy this week:

The Hebrew Wikipedia community completed initial training of ORES, so ORES
can be enabled in this language soon.

48 Wikipedians manually examined 5000 random diffs and marked them as
damaging or not, and whether they appear to have been done in good faith or
not.

If you keep hearing about ORES and you have not idea what it actually is,
then you'll be able to see it very soon in Recent Changes in the English
Wikipedia. I tried it briefly, and I was amazed: it guessed pretty well
which recent changes are likely to be vandalism. This technology is likely
to revolutionize how Wikimedians patrol their wikis for bad edits, and make
unintentionally bad edits less damaging.

If you'd like to add ORES support for your wiki, look at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_labels

Kudos to users EpochFail, Ladsgroup, Mooeypoo and everybody else involved
for making this possible.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

Borrowing an idea from Wikipedia Weekly, I think it would be nice to have a
thread about the good things that are happening around the Wikimedia
universe. If people enjoy this then it can be started (by anyone) on a
weekly basis.

My comment for this week: I enjoyed reading a post from the Wikimedia blog:
https://blog.wikimedia.org/2017/03/21/why-i-elements/: "Why I periodically
write about the elements on Wikipedia", by Mikhail Boldyrev.

Pine