They pay them quite a lot. Youtube allows rights holders to put ads on
content that's theirs and collect the money from them instead of having
them taken down, if they want to.

This is nothing more than another swipe at fair use. Automated systems
cannot tell the difference between a full on illegal copy and a portion of
something used for criticism and commentary.

Todd

Todd