Hello Rogol,

I said I would get back to you on three questions (below). Plus, I’d like
to return to a point you made about "upstream" collaboration and add an
update on Maps and Interactive.

   - What do we philosophically believe: to roadmap or not to roadmap?
   - What do we currently have in terms of planning?
   - Will that change?
   - Maps and Interactive

Yes, to tech roadmaps. Generally, 12 - 18 months seems like the upper-bound
for a technical roadmap with any granularity.

Currently we have published roadmaps for individual products. They can be
found at their respective media wiki pages. We do not have a roadmap for
tech overall. We have our annual plan.  We also publish quarterly goals
that roll up to our annual plan.

We see the next step as gaining greater clarity on a movement-wide
direction and then for us all to discuss roles and responsibilities.
After, members of the Foundation will clarify a strategy.

In one of your earlier posts on this thread you said, "It so happens that I
have advocated for involving the Community in the planning more, earlier
and at a higher level.” Technologically speaking, we’d agree. The Dev
Summit this coming year will be a smaller, more focused event to engage the
technical community—both inside and outside of the foundation—"earlier and
at a higher level” collaboration.

We’ll then have a technology roadmap, on about a one-year timeline, as
anything beyond 18 months most consider fantasy.

Maps and Interactive will live on. We’ve committed to supporting maps in
the annual plan. We are putting together a team.

Thank you,
/a